Who We Are As the Church of Christ
As the Church of Christ, Jesus Christ is the only head of the church and the Bible is our only doctrine. We believe the Bible is the Word of God written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit that is historically authentic and accurate.
We are following the structural design of the New Testament, meaning we have no formal man-made creeds, no national headquarters, and no hierarchy of power beyond each autonomous congregation. Each congregation is structured as they are able in the roles of Elders and Deacons to help lead the church. These men are chosen by the local congregations on the foundation of qualifications established in the scriptures of 1 Timothy 3:1-8, Titus 1:1-9.
The Bible clearly shows that there is a process of Salvation, the Gift of God!
One must be properly taught, and hear (Romans 10:14-17);
- One must believe or have faith (Hebrews 11:6, Mark 16:16);
- One must repent, which means turning from one's former lifestyle and choosing God's ways (Acts 17:30);
- One must confess belief that Jesus is the son of God (Acts 8:36–37);
- One must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38); and
- One must live faithfully as a Christian (Titus 2:11-12).
We baptize by immersion as spoke in Romans 6:3-5 where Paul describes it as a burial and resurrection.
1210 Warren St. Mankato, MN 56001
©2022 by Mankato church of Christ. Proudly created with Wix.com
Sunday Bible School
Wednesday Bible Study